|West End Canoe Club members compete in a variety of Queensland Canoeing affiliated events. These include Marathon and Sprint events in a variety of age groups for both men and women. |
|If you are interested in Competitive Paddling, the Club offers |
- training with some of QldÕs best kayakers, especially in the Veteran 35+ category. Learn from the top paddlers.
- train with others regularly. Nearly every day of the week, there are West End kayakers out training.
|Some of the events the Club enters are |
- World Masters Titles Ð and Asia-Pacific Masters, Australian Masters
- State and National Titles for Sprint and Marathon races
- The Murray Marathon
- The Hawkesbury Classic
- Brisbane Valley 100
- The Queensland Canoeing Marathon Series
- Regular interclub races
|Most Competitive Paddlers use |
- K1 (single) or K2 (double) for sprint (as in the Olympics) and marathon races
- TK1 (single) or TK2 (double), more stable boats for marathon racing